Speed is the resultant from the relation between resistance and power applied to the vehicle. The resistance to move forward riding a traditional bicycle at 20 miles per hour corresponds 85% to aerodynamic resistance, the other 15% to mechanical frictions. At MetaBikes we have designed our bikes around a reclined rider’s position in which he takes a wedge form, reducing greatly the exposed surface. As a result of this lower resistance the speed is increased about 15% compared to traditional bicycles. The rider on a traditional bicycle is striving to move forward while paradoxically is slowing down continuously with the parachute form that he adopts on the bike.
Our MetaBikes are designed to fit the rider’s anatomy, instead of being the upright rider who must adapt himself to the bike. The cyclist’s weight is supported by an ergonomic seat that fits with the body shape and also offers a big surface from which apply power to the pedals. The pains related to riding are now something from the past. Pain at the back, lumbar zone, shoulders, neck, wrists, not to mention buttock, are minimal or simply doesn’t exist. The practice of a sport must produce physical benefits, not pains. More suffering doesn’t mean better exercise.
Experience a new cyclist dimension full of sensations: you are into the bicycle (in fact you are part of it), gliding effortless through the air instead of fighting against it, covering many pain free miles, accelerating more and more but the bike remains with the same riding stability, seems like it says: is this all you can do? If it seems too good to be true that is because you haven’t tried yet.
Upon Ordering, we will contact you for “X-Seam” measurement. Then we can build the bike, fit the boom and chain for you, and ship your MetaBike to you.